Sunday 15 November 2015

#

Urban Decay Naked Smoky

I'm back from a long and unexpected hiatus. Long story short, I thought I could manage uni, work, blogging and my occasional weekend job (and, let's face it, a pretty crippling addiction to Netflix) all at the same time. As it turns out, I couldn't. Now that I've finished with uni (THANK THE LORD!), I have a little more time, I have a little more time to devote to blogging.

I thought I'd get back into it with a bang and review the newest addition to the Urban Decay Naked family, the Naked Smoky ($81.00).
 I originally wasn't at all interested in the Smoky, I was more than happy with my collection of the Naked Original, 2 and 3....and then I started seeing swatches....Oh my glob! That basically sold me and I had to sprint to my local Mecca to pick one up. 

The packaging is a little different to the first 3 Naked palettes. It's very sharp and rectangular and I have to say, I LOVE the packaging with it's beautiful smoke spirals and silver text. The inside is very similar to the other palettes with a mirror and double ended brush included.
The actual shadows are arranged from shimmery to matte and include a much better range of colours than I originally expected. I was anticipating mostly greys, deep browns, blacks and blues and wasn't that keen. When I saw that the palette also included golds, bronzes, nudes and even a beautiful champagne shimmer shade (High) that's become a favourite of mine. The pigmentation is fabulous, fallout is minimal and I find that the shades are wearable for daytime looks as well as more smokey, nighttime looks. Compared to the first 3 palettes, Naked Smokey is cool-toned, much like the Naked 2 but with more cooler toned shades. Temptalia has much better swatches that I could manage so check them out here.
Shade L-R: High, Dirtysweet, Radar, Armor, Slanted and Dagger.
Shades L-R: Black Market, Smolder, Password, Whiskey, Combust and Thirteen.
Overall, the Naked Smoky has quickly become one of my favourites and is definitely giving the Naked 2 a run for it's money in the competition for "Dani's Favourite UD Naked Palette". The only reason i'm not giving this palette 5 stars is because Smoky is spelled without the "e" which really bugs me but *shrugs* M'urica, right?
Dani the Girl XO gives the UD Naked Smoky:
Did you add the Naked Smoky to your collection?

Dani XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates