1. The first and most obvious reason, to raise money for a great cause. I raised nearly $1,000 for the Leukemia Foundation and that's a pretty damn good feeling!
2. You save so much time getting ready.
3. You save a tonne of money on shampoo, conditioner and hair styling products.
4. Bad hair days are a thing of the past! No hair = no bad hair days.
5. You get to start over with a clean slate. My poor hair had definitely seen better days. Years of colouring and heat styling had left it in pretty bad shape but now, I get to start fresh with completely natural, untreated hair.
6. Your style changes. I've found that things I used to wear no longer seem to suit my new look. I've definitely noticed some changes to the way I pick out my wardrobe these days.
7. Your makeup game changes. I feel like having a shaved head has brought out my eyes and my cheekbones a lot. It really changes what I choose to focus on when I do my makeup.
8. You don't have to worry about how many days you've gone without washing or how your gym/hair washing schedule is going to play out for the week. My hair is so short that I can wash it whenever and it takes literally 5 seconds to towel dry.
9. The future is an open book! Will I keep it short? Grow it out? What style will I go for? The opportunities are endless.
10. A whole new world of accessories has opened up for me. Hats, beanies, bandanas, scarves, so many accessories, so little time!