Saturday 3 May 2014

Priceline FREE Gift of Beauty

Yesterday, I was feeling a bit low so I did what every beauty blogger does in that situation and went to Priceline. I was so glad I did because I discovered that Priceline’s Free Gift of Beauty was back! This one runs from the 1st to 11th of May (get in quick!) and requires you to spend $60 on selected brands. I wasn’t looking for anything in particular but there were so many specials on, like 20% off Rimmel products and 3 for 2 on Essie nail polishes, that I had no trouble finding $60 worth of products that I needed wanted. So here’s what’s in the bag:

1. Models Prefer Bag + Cosmetics Bag The actual bag that the goodies come in is quite a nice Models Prefer black, faux (I hope!) crocodile skin one. I was actually quite surprised by how nice it is! It’s a decent size and I think I would probably use this as a beach/holiday bag. It would be great as a carry-on bag for flying too. There was also a little black cosmetics bag too, the perfect size to fill with emergency makeup and pop in your handbag.
Face

2. Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in Natural Beige ($17.95 for 30ml) – This is my favourite drugstore foundation so I was very pleased to find it in the goody bag HOWEVER the shade Natural Beige is much too dark for me, devastating! It’s always a risk with these bags that the products won’t be exactly the right colour for you but I’m hoping I can either use this as a liquid bronzer for contouring or maybe save it for summer when I’m a bit more tanned. It’s a great foundation though and I’m glad Priceline included it in the bag.
3. Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream in Medium-Deep ($15.95 for 30ml) – I am using the Dream Pure BB Cream at the moment, which is designed for oily skin. This version, Dream Fresh, is designed for normal skin. It’s a really good BB and another nice addition to the bag. I won’t be getting much use out of it BUT I will be putting in into my giveaway goodies collection. The goody bag also included 4 sample sachets of the Dream Pure BB, might keep them in my handbag for emergencies.
4. Nude by Nature Soft Focus Illuminator ($22.95 for 50ml) – Nude by Nature is one of those brands that I have heard of, but never really tried. I do know that they use 100% naturally derived ingredients and don’t test on animals, apart from that I’m completely in the dark. This illuminator reminds me quite a lot of the Revlon Photoready Skinlights one, which is a favourite of mine. The Nude by Nature one is more golden and the Revlon one I have is a light pink. I have a real thing for illuminators and highlighters at the moment. Going into winter means I’m searching for products to give my dull skin some sparkle. Very keen to see what this one can do.
5. Physicians Formula Concealer Twins in Yellow ($19.95) – Like Nude by Nature, I haven’t ever used any Physicians Formula products before BUT I have seen some of their blushes and they look amazing. This twin concealer has a yellow half to conceal under eye circles and a light, natural half for covering imperfections. It also comes in a green version to counteract redness. It looks like a nice creamy formula and it actually suits my skin tone quite well. I’m always happy to welcome a new concealer to the family, especially one that can hide the fact that I definitely do not get 8 hours sleep a night!
Eyes
6. Revlon Beyond Natural False Lashes in Sweetie Doll ($8.99) - I wish that I could wear false lashes, I truly do! I just have a thing about eyes, I hate people touching my eyes, I hate touching my own eyes and I hate the feeling of having things stuck on my eyelids. Plus, I can never get false lashes to sit right, I look like a bedraggled, out of work showgirl. Luckily, I have pretty nice natural lashes AND I’ve started getting eyelash extensions too. While I hate the feeling of having the extensions done (it gives me the creeps just thinking about it!), they look fantastic and you can’t feel them at all. Now back to the actual false lashes, they look pretty decent and easy to apply, they come with their own lash glue. Unfortunately, not for me, so into the giveaway goodies box they go!
7. GlamEyes Scarlette Strip Lashes ($11.99) – Again, I won’t be using these but they look quite nice. I like the idea of strip lashes because you can control how bold you go. Unlike the Revlon ones, these have pre-applied adhesive for quick, mess free application. These look a bit more natural than the Revlon ones, I would probably be more inclined to wear these if I used false lashes. Another one for the giveaway box (some lucky person will be getting a LOT of false lashes!).
8. Models Prefer Kohl Pencil in Matte Black ($8.99) – Although I love my Klara Eye Pencil, I have been looking for something a bit more pigmented and this fits the bill perfectly. It’s a beautiful matte black that glides on and is perfectly smudgeable (did I just invent a word?) for creating dramatic smokey eyes. I feel like I’ll be getting a lot of use out of this one.  
9. Savvy Liquid Eyeliner in Black ($5.99) – I definitely do not need another liquid eyeliner! I was a little thrown by the applicator, it’s not quite a brush, not quite a sponge but it’s pretty easy to get a nice, even line. Drying time is a little slower than I would like and this sadly seems to smudge quite easily. For $5.99 it looks ok but I think that the Boe Beauty Liquid Liner which is only $2 is much better. This looks alright and I will try and use it but it doesn't seem to be that a great a product really. 
Lips
10. Revlon Colour Burst Lip Butter in Sorbet ($21.95) – Another lipstick to add to my growing collection! Not that I’m complaining, I love a bright lip and this fabulous pink is right up my alley. It’s quite a sheer formula but easy to build and seems nice and silky to apply. These are meant to very hydrating for the lips, I’ll have to put this one to the test. I also love the packaging on these, the coloured tube makes it easy to identify and grab the right colour when you’re in a rush. It’s not a cheap lipstick either, it’s always nice to see more expensive items in free gift bags.
11. Models Prefer Glossy Lip Tint in Candylicious ($7.99) – Lip crayons are enjoying the limelight very much at the moment. This Models Prefer one is a ‘glossy lip tint’ and certainly has a nice glossy finish. Like the Revlon Lip Butter, it’s quite sheer, perfect for day time I think. I quite like the colour too, it’s a berry toned pink, the swatch is quite different to the packaging colour but I like it. Definitely a good shade to have in the lipstick artillery going into winter. 
Nails

12. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Purple Heart ($14.95) – I have had my eye on these for a while but I could never decide on a shade. Luckily, Priceline decided for me and I ended up with Purple Heart, which is a lilac. The idea with these is that you don’t need to muck around with a heapf of different products because this acts as a base coat, strengthener, growth treatment AND top coat, it’s a complete manicure in a bottle. They aren’t cheap either, pretty much on par with Essie price-wise. I’ll definitely be trying this one out ASAP as I’ve heard so many good things.
13. Fing’rs Edge Nail Tattoos Transfer Paper ($12.99) – I haven’t used these particular polishes before but I’m very interested in the transfer paper. There are some great patterns in there and I haven’t tried transfers before either. Not too keen on the polish colours (an off-white and murky grey) but I’ll wait until I’ve used them to pass judgment.  
14. 1000 Hour 3D Nail Wraps ($9.99) – I love nail wraps, they are my mid-week solution to chipped nail polish when I really don’t have time to paint my nails. I find they usually last 3 to 4 days, which is about the same as most of my polishes. This particular set has a funky pink and black geometric print and I like the idea of 3D nails with a raised print. Not sure how practical they will be but I’m willing to give them a go.  
13. Manicare Moisturising Nail Polish Remover Pads ($4.95) – Nail polish remover pads are a fantastic idea, especially for travelling. I used these last week when I was visiting my mum and was pleased to see them in the bag. They are pretty effective on regular nail polish, not so great on glitter. These are also floral scented, which is a nice touch as I hate the smell of nail polish remover. 
14. Jewelled Compact Mirror – Lucky last is a cute little compact mirror with a big old blingy jewel on the front. I always like to have a compact mirror with me for sneaky touch ups and to check for spinach between my teeth (happens more often that I’d like to admit) and last one is MIA so this is a perfect replacement.    
This bag adds up to a whopping total of $220 worth of value according to Priceline. According to my calculations, the beauty products add up to $185, meaning the two bags and the compact mirror are worth $35 which seems pretty accurate. I think this is great value, there are a lot of great products in this bags. If you want to take advantage of this offer, you’d better be quick, the promotion only runs until the 11th of May.
Have you nabbed one of these goody bags yet? Do you think this one was worth the $60 spend?
Stay beautiful
Dani xx

7 comments:

  1. I saw it yesterday at priceline but with a whinging toddler I could not b bothered spending $$ I'll go back though,,,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well at least now you know exactly what you're getting if you go back for it :)

      Delete
  2. Argh this is so tempting!!!! I'll need to pop into priceline to have a look!

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha too tempting for me! I actually think it's pretty good value, especially if you manage to get the foundation in a good shade. Let me know if you do grab one, if love to see what shades and colours you get!

      Delete
  3. Wish they had other brands as part of the spend $60. I love me some australis and face of australia! I agree with you about that rimmel foundation - fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame they didn't include more but like I said, it wasn't hard for me to spend $60!

      Delete
  4. Great post - thanks for the in depth review! :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow Us @soratemplates