Thursday 1 May 2014

The April Rundown

I thought that instead of doing a favourites post for every month, I would do a Rundown of the month. This way I can include both products that I loved using AND other things that I have enjoyed throughout the month. April was a pretty good month for me, I got to come home early from field work due to bad weather AND I got my first annual bonus at the end of March so I was feeling pretty positive! Here are my thoughts on April.
 
Out & About

I got out and about A LOT during April. I attended the Queensland Bride’s Expo as one of my besties is getting married next year and I get to be a bridesmaid (!!). We saw some stunning dresses and got some great ideas for planning her wedding. I also ate out a fair bit, from sushi (my favourite) to Burger Urge (a Monday night regular) to Chocolateria San Churro (twice in one month). I really love being able to catch up with people because my job makes it quite difficult to maintain a regular social life! 
Eating far too much delicious chocolate at Chocolateria San Churro

Checking out our loot from the Queensland Brides Expo
Events

In April, I attended three events, the LUSH Eggcellent Easter Extravaganza, a MAC Techniques Class and a Chocolate Event hosted by the social club at work (it was a very chocolate heavy month!). 
 
Some snaps from the LUSH Easter event
 
Chloe from MAC hard at work at the MAC Techniques Class I attended
Chocolate fountain at the chocolate making event I went to with work
I also popped into Benefit as they were hosting their Mascara Swap again this year. I picked a Thursday morning, just before lunch and it was nice and quiet. I got a mini-makeover from the lovely Sam, who very kindly talked me through a lot of the products and packs and I walked away with not only my free They’re Real mascara but a few extra goodies too! 

Products

I had a few amazing products this month, a lot of them new.

1. MAC Impassioned ($33.00) – This was my first ever MAC purchase, I am now the proud owner of a few more MAC products since attending the MAC Techniques Class but Impassioned is a firm favourite. It’s a beautiful bright pink and the texture is just to die for. It’s a dream to apply and has really good staying power. I could wear this every day!


2. Benefit They’re Real ($38.00 for full size) – I was very glad I popped into Benefit to do the mascara swap! I just brought in an old mascara that I didn’t like and exchanged it for a nice new sample sized They’re Real. The first time I tried this mascara, I wasn’t a fan. I thought it was clumpy and hard to apply and not at all wearable BUT Sam from Benefit gave me a few tips when I picked up the mascara and it seems to be working a treat now. It gives very thick, volumised lashes and I think it’s a perfect night-out mascara.


3. Katy Perry Killer Queen Oh So Sheer Perfume ($49.00 for 100ml) – I was lucky enough to win this Katy Perry perfume competition hosted by Kristen from Everybeauty Talks and scored myself a full size version of Oh So Sheer. The packaging on this is amazing, if a little impractical and the smell is just delicious. It’s a very light, fruity scent with notes of jasmine, dark plum and caramel. It’s a very summery scent but I’d be happy to wear this year round. 


4. Face of Australia Screen Sirens collection ($4.95 each) – I originally only bought one shade from this collection, Travilla BUT the other shades were so pretty (and cheap) that I couldn’t resist and bought everything except the matte topcoat. The nudes in this collection are fabulous and the brights are beautiful. Two standout colours would have to be Some Like It Hot (bright orange) and No Angel (nude pink). 


Other April things

The biggest thing for me this month was launching KaBOOM! Cosmetics, it’s been a dream of mine for so long that it feels strange for it to be real. I really love hearing from people, reading comments, following other blogs and just generally being bloggy! I was also really happy this month to get a mention in the Her Fashion Magazine by Her Fashion Box. I would just like to say a massive THANK YOU to everyone who has taken the time to comment, like or follow me, you have made me a very happy lady this month! 
 
My Instagram photo made in into Her Fashion Magazine (the last one on the right in the second row down)
April was a very busy, chocolate fuelled month for me! I discovered some new products, learned some new makeup techniques (thanks MAC) and got through a LOT of chocolate. I can only hope May is as good a month for me as April!

Stay beautiful!

Dani xx

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was a good, if exhausting month! And a lot of chocolate was involved...like, a LOT

      Delete
  2. loving the mac lipstick! you had such an eventful month! x

    Multitasking Damsel Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful, such a great colour and so easy to wear. It was a very busy month, might have to make up for it by sitting on the couch all May!

      Delete
  3. I love going to san churro for their hot chocolate, especially during winter!! I think i'll be making a trip there myself for the upcoming weeks. Last night was freezzzing!!!

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, so good! I *may* have gone in there again last night... I can't help it, it's so delicious and you're right, perfect for winter.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like April was an awesome month! Here's to a good May as well :3

    Kate | The Minted Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Follow Us @soratemplates