Monday 26 May 2014

The Lipstick Product Addict Tag

I was having an absolute crapper of a Monday today. I slept badly last night (had horrible nightmares), it’s “that” time of the month (why, Mother Nature, WHY!?) and I had a banging headache for most of the day (the lights, they burn!). So when I sneakily checked Twitter at work, I was very happy to see that my lovely friend Kate from the Minted Beautyhad tagged me to do a post. My day immediately looked up and I couldn’t wait to get home to write this! Here goes, hang on to your lipsticks! 

Favourite balm/treatment


At the moment, I’ve been using the Nivea Caramel Cream Lip Butter before bed and it’s AMAZING! It’s almost good enough to eat! During the day, I carry my EOS Balm in Sweet Mint in my handbag. I find it works a treat against the nasty, drying air-con at work. I also love the original Chapstick for when I’m working in the field because it has SPF15 and smells deliciously vanillery. 

 

Best Eye-Catching Red


I LOVE a good bright red, nothing makes me feel more glamorous! I have a plethora of reds but one of my old faithfuls is also one of my best, the Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in Kiss of Life. (You can check out the rest of my Old Faithfuls here).




Best Luxury & Best Drugstore


My favourite drugstore lipstick brand would have to be Rimmel. The Kate Moss Lasting Finish lipsticks are amazing, as are their new Moisture Renew lipsticks. The Sportsgirl Pout About It range are also favourites for “drugstore”, although they don’t technically fit that category! As for high end, I would say MAC or Clinique and not just because they are the only two high end brands I have lipsticks from! I actually do like them!



Best MAC Lipstick


This is easy as I only own one MAC lipstick but I do love it very much! It’s a beautiful bright pink with a satin finish called Impassioned. I have a MAC lipstick wishlist a mile long! 




Most Disappointing


I’m going to be really controversial and say the OCC Lip Tars. I have two in the shades Grandma and Trollop and while I love the way they look, I was not prepared for the amount of effort needed to apply them properly.



Liner: Yay or Nay?


I always feel like lip liner is a really nana-esque product! I know it’s necessary but it always puts me in mind of old ladies. If I’m wearing a very dark shade or one I know (from past experiences) will bleed, then I will take the time to apply a liner but usually, I don’t bother. 



Best Gloss


I absolutely hate/detest/despise almost ever lip gloss ever created BUT I’ve been making a real effort to try and love them. I got two very cute Coca-Cola and Sprite flavoured ones by Lip Smacker which I love AND I’ve also been quite taken with the NYX Butter Gloss in Peach Cobbler. 





Something Extra


Like Kate, I have a scrub from the LUSH Lip Scrub range that I adore! Mine is the Limited Edition Santa’s Lip Scrub, which is bright red and smells like Cola. I can’t believe I have to wait another 6 months to get my hands on it again! 



TAG!

Jacquelyn from Hey There Jacquelyn

Reshma from Dazzlegloss3

(The other) Dani from Lace and Love XO

 Erin from The Beauty Box

Ally from Wild Glossy


Please feel free to participate in this tag, even if I haven't specifically tagged you and let me know when your post is up!


Stay beautiful!


Dani xx

5 comments:

  1. Excellent post Dani! I love the lipsmackers in Cola as well (although I haven't had one in years!) and I was unaware that the Santa's Lip Scrub tasted like Cola too!?!? As a Coca-Cola addict, I feel I need both of these things in my life. Immediately :D

    Kate | themintedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Kate! I haven't used a Lip Smacker product for years but I saw these at Priceline on Boxing Day and I knew they were for me! And How have you not seen Santa's Lip Scrub before!? At least we all know what to get you for Christmas now!

      Delete
  2. Great answers! You got your post up so fast haha! I meant to take pictures this evening but totally forgot :P
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did cheat a little in that I had some photos from a very similar tag I did last month. But honestly, I'm pretty basic when it comes to taking and editing photos so it doesn't usually take me too long. Looking forward to reading your post!

      Delete
  3. That MAC lipstick is beautiful! If you've taken a peak at my blog you'll know I'm obsessed with a good pink lip. Impassioned may just make it onto my "to buy" list after this post!

    Meghan
    www.todaysbeautyobsession.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow Us @soratemplates