Sunday 18 May 2014

My "Old Faithful" Collection

Today, I’m going to take a look at 5 of my staple makeup products. My style has changed a lot in the past few years but I always find myself coming back to these old faithful products for one reason or another. I might not use them every day but I do find that I keep coming back to them. The great thing is that most of them are drugstore products that are easily available AND friendly on the bank account too! Without further ado, here are 5 of my makeup staples. 


1. L’Oreal Base Magique ($29.95 for 15ml)– I would never have thought that I could love a product so much! My skin is super oily, to the point where if I don’t make some attempt to cover up that shine, BP will be knocking on my door and asking to set up an oil well by lunchtime! Base Magique a slightly unusual product, it is light pink with a mousse-like texture and it instantly mattifies (is that a word? Microsoft Word says it isn’t but I’m going to roll with it) and covers up pores. If I don’t feel like wearing heavy makeup, sometimes I just wear this and some mascara or I’ll wear it under my usual makeup. LOVE!

2. Model Co Fibre Lash Xtend ($22.00)– I am not normally a Model Co fan but this is my No. 1 mascara, I wear it every day. Some of you may be familiar with the Model Co Fibre Lash Duo where one wand has white fibres that you brush on to your lashes to lengthen and then cover with a second, normal mascara. Well this baby combines those two steps for the time strapped and uncoordinated among us. It is a fairly standard looking wand but if you look closely, you can see the little fibres. It makes your lashes look amazeballs (yup, I just used the word amazeballs in a sentence) and it is now a long term resident in my mascara drawer.

3. Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream for Oily Skin ($15.95 for 18g) – I am a huge fan of BB creams, when they hit the market, I did a little dance for joy. I have never really worn liquid foundations, as I find the majority too heavy. Maybelline’s Dream Pure BB has 8 skin benefits, but what I really love about it is that it manages to stay quite matte looking all day and it has 2% salicylic acid, which means that it helps to not only cover up, but also heal blemishes. 

4. Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette (£37.00 GBP at Hair HQ) – I was a bit late to the word of makeup and missed the cult hit that was the original UD Palette. But, I think I redeemed myself by being one of the first to score the Naked 2. I actually bought this on a flight from London to Lyon and was so excited that I actually started swatching colours on the plane! This is a fantasmical palette, so great that I had to invent the word fantasmical to describe exactly how awesome it is. I am still learning when it comes to the more elaborate eye makeup looks and the colours in this palette suit me to a T and are very forgiving when it comes to blending.
Swatches from the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette

5. Rimmel + Kate Moss Lasting Finish Matte in 111 Kiss of Life (from $5.97) – I picked this little tube of magic up when I was in London, before the range launched in Australia. It does have a very matte finish but I find that a quick swipe of lip balm before applying makes a huge difference. It is a fabulous cherry red that goes with almost everything and has a pleasant kind of floral scent too.

Do any of these feature in your staples store? If not, what do you find yourself reaching for again and again? 

Don’t forget, you can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Bloglovin! 

Stay beautiful!

Dani xx

6 comments:

  1. I am the worst beauty blogger ever and STILL haven't tried the Maybelline BB Cream for oily skin! It's always out of my shade in stores near me when I remember it haha. You've reminded me to continue my search! Great post :) I find I always come back to my staples and it's like greeting an old friend, like no time has passed :P

    Kate | <a href="http://www.themintedbeauty.com/“>The Minted Beauty</a>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get thee to a Priceline ASAP! It's really good, one if the better BBs I think. I love having some old faithfuls that I just know I can pull out if I'm in a pickle!

      Delete
  2. the kate moss lipsticks for rimmel have to be my fav, i've got three and my fav shade is #107! love the swatches of the naked 2 palette, i really one to get for myself..maybe a xmas pressie to myself this year :) ( i know its 6 months away)

    Multitasking Damsel Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I just live the whole collection, I think I own 4 or 5 at the moment. The Naked 2 is definitely worth it, you won't regret treating yourself!

      Delete
  3. Love it! That primer looks great!

    R @lipsticknlinguine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great, so good at mattifying and reducing pores. The only downside is the jar instead of the tube.

      Delete

Follow Us @soratemplates