Thursday 16 October 2014

Benefit Hoola


I have been having a short term love affair with Benefit! It started with a mini sample of High Beam and has ballooned out in a very short space of time to include… well pretty much everything that Benefit stocks! Now I wouldn’t say that I am a huge bronzer gal (give me a pretty blush any day) but I had been looking for a non-shimmery bronzer for contouring for an absolute AGE. Why must all bronzers be shimmery, why! I do not want to look like a sparkly coconut! My cousin Sarah from Beauty by Sarah xo actually put me onto it and I’m so glad I took her advice. I heart Hoola


The Brand – Benefit

If you’d like to find out more about Benefit, you can check out my post on Brow Zings. It started with two sister who couldn’t decide whether to open up a casserole cafĂ© or start a cosmetics brand, nek minit they’re making nipple tints for exotic dancers! I like the Benefit brand and all they stand for. They have cute, quirky names for their products, adorable vintage packing and best of all, products that do an awesome job at making you look (more) fabulous. I also like that their motto is Laughter is the best cosmetic, who can argue with that?

The Product – Hoola Bronzer ($51.00 for 8g)


I picked this up at the same time as Benefit were doing their Mascara Swap, which included a free makeover. During the makeover, the lovely Sam used Hoola on me and my search for a non-shimmery bronzer was over! It comes in a very cool kind of retro looking box patterned with bamboo. It also includes a mirror and a travel sized brush AND has a magnetic seal to prevent those disastrous spillages. It’s quite a sturdy looking box BUT I’d still like to see how well it stands up to being carried around in my makeup case, I really hope it doesn’t fall apart! I like the packaging and the way it’s presented, it’s a bit different to the usual compact and makes it stand out just a little bit (as if Benefit needed to stand out!). 

Using Hoola
 
 

The box packaging is a good enough size for me to get my brush in without too much difficulty. Hoola is so nicely pigmented and very importantly for a contouring bronzer, it BLENDS! Say it with me ladies, BLENDING! How often have you seen girls walking around with great big brown stripes along their cheeks? Not pretty! Moving on, yes, it blends like a dream giving you Kimmie K style cheekbones with completely minimal effort. I feel like this bronzer suits a range of skin tones too, my cousin Sarah is quite pale and she loves it, I’m quite olive skinned and I love it! The only thing I would say I dislike about this bronzer is that it’s not cheap AND I find that there is quite a lot of excess product that I have to shake off my brush to avoid Nutella face. It’s no biggie but it’s just a little niggle I have. 


KaBOOM! Cosmetics gives Benefit’s Hoola Bronzer:


I was very pleased to find this little pot of gold at the end of the Benefit rainbow, it’s the perfect contouring bronzer. It has definitely secured itself a permanent position in my makeup drawer. I would love to know what your favourite bronzer is, does Hoola make the cut for you?

Dani xo

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Sahar, I can definitely recommend this one.

      Delete
  2. Hoola is so fantastic - it's the bronzer that turned me on to contouring. Who doesn't want Kim K style cheekbones? Sigh.

    Silver Screen Beauty Queens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoola is amazing! I'm pretty lucky that I have quite nice cheekbones naturally but it definitely doesn't hurt!

      Delete
  3. It's definitely one of those products that pretty much has HG status for a lot of people. It's surprising that there aren't more non-shimmery, contouring bronzers on the market

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nutella face! Love it! I should try this. Love a good contouring bronzer!

    ReplyDelete

Follow Us @soratemplates