Monday 21 April 2014

Liebster Award


Ah, the Liebster Award! This thing has been floating around for quite a while and I think it’s a nice way to recognize smaller or newer blogs, those with under 200 followers. There are a number of variations to the Liebster Award but I’m going to be following the rules as told to me by Sophia from Miss Sophie, who nominated me (thanks lovely!). The rules are:

Answer the questions given to you by the person who nominated you (Sophia also included 11 Random Facts).

Nominate a further 11 bloggers and create 11 questions for them

So here are my answers to Sophia’s Liebster Award Questions: 

1. If you could be invisible for a day, what would you do?

I would totally pretend to be a ghost and freak some people out. You know, do some poltergeisty stuff and throw some books around, get all the news crews out. 

2. All time favorite movie?

I honestly don’t know if I have a favourite movie, I have a short attention span and get very emotionally involved in movies so I very rarely watch them. I love Disney movies so if I had to pick one of those it would be the Emperor’s New Groove (“llama face”) or Mulan (“Did you see those Huns? They popped out of the snow…like daises!”). I also love superhero movies, the Amazing Spiderman is my current favourite. 

3. Why did you start blogging?

Makeup/cosmetics/beauty products of any kind have been an obsession of mine for a while. I really enjoy writing too and it's a great way to combine those two passions. The industry I work in is also male-dominated and not at all beauty focused, so it's nice to have a little escape now and then.

4. Favorite Food?

Hi, I’m Dani and I’m a chocaholic! I love chocolate and sweets in general, I eat LITRES of frozen yoghurt a month. I also love a nice cheese platter, although cheese sometimes make me sick, I still eat it. Just food in general really, I like food of all varieties.Food, glorious food! 

5. Imagine this: if you had to live on a lonely island for a year, what is the one ultimate item that you would take?

The boyfriend, although I’m not sure he’d like being referred to as an item. We used to be in a long-distance relationship and I would never ever want to do that again. Even when I’m away for 2 weeks at a time for work, it’s a struggle, so I would definitely take him with.

6. What are you scared of most?

Hmm, I’m not sure I want to be admitting my deepest, darkest fears here! I wouldn’t say they are the thing I am most scared of ever but I don’t do needles or blood, at all! I feel faint just thinking about it and it’s weird because my older sister is a doctor and has no issues with any of that stuff. It’s also weird because I have two tattoos but I felt very fainty the whole time I was getting them. Also, not keen on small spaces! 

7. What do good friends need to do, in order to get you really exited?

Come over and bring wine….

8. If it was your free choice, which spot on earth would you visit?

I would say I am a pretty well-travelled person already but there is always more to explore! I would love to visit Japan one day and also see more of Europe. 

9. If you had healing power, what illness would you cure?

I don’t think it would be fair to just cure one illness, there are so many people suffering with so many horrible illnesses. I think I would change this question and give science the answers to cure everything (I know, I cheated!).

10. What is your deepest wish?

Again, probably not something I would want to admit here! "I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school...I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy"...

But seriously, I would just wish for my family and friends to live happy, healthy lives filled with fun.
 

11. What's your favorite ice cream?

Chocolate or choc chip mint. In my mind, no other flavours exist. 

I would do 11 Random Facts BUT I just did 20 Facts About Me on Instagram (I actually can’t count and did 22) so head over to @kaboomcosmetics on Instagram and have a read. 

So I’m not going to pick 11 nominees, just 6 and they are:

1. My cousin Sarah from Beauty by Sarah xo
2. Akire from Akire Ablaze
3. Lily from Lily, Not Lousie.
4. Jacquelyn from heytherejacqulyn
5. Yolanda from Hey Landy
6. Varinder from Make Up Me and Yoyo

The 11 Questions I have made up for you are:

1.Would you rather wear a bright lip or a bold eye?
2.What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
3.Favourite holiday destination?
4.Do you have a pet, if so, post a picture. If not, post a picture of a cute animal anyway!
5.In the city/town you currently live in, where is your favourite place to eat out?
6.Name the one makeup or beauty item you couldn’t live without.
7.What nail polish, if any are you currently wearing?
8.What is your favourite book or series of books?
9.Flats or heels?
10.In the movie of your life, who would play you?
11.Name 3 of your favourite bloggers.

Again, thank you to Sophie for the nomination, it’s nice to get a little something for all your hard work! Part of the Liebster Award is paying to forward so if you think there are some new bloggers out there that could use a virtual high five, them nominate them for a Liebster Award too.

Stay beautiful!

Dani xx

4 comments:

  1. I had lots of fun reading this! Thanks for tagging me Dani ^_^ Mulan is one of my favourite disney movies... just behind Alice in Wonderland!

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I'm not the only one, Mulan is so the best movie! There are some cracking one liners in there.

      Looking forward to reading your answers!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine :) I thought people might be a bit sick of the Liebster Award because it's been around for so long but I had fun doing it and it's nice to be nominated

      Delete

Follow Us @soratemplates